Greet The Day & Be Thankful.
Do you ever get one of those days when you look in the mirror and think where the hell did that wrinkle come from? It wasn’t there yesterday.
Do you ever wake up in the morning and pull the covers over your head so you don’t have to face the day?
Do you ever sit there wondering, why don’t I love myself today?
I’m not the only one right?
Today I sat in front of my laptop with a complete blanket of nothingness in my brain thinking I don’t know how to fu……ng write. So I wrote this.
This is not a feeling sorry for myself post but when you have Epilepsy, Anosmia and an empty bank account you kind of think why me? Hmmm I just contradicted myself then!
The thing is I do love life and I have loads to be thankful for.
Oops hang on my cat is invading my laptop as I type, yes I know all writers have cats! He’s an old man but still just a gorgeous fur baby. However if there are loads of typeos it’s his fault!
So I’m going to revaluate, and remind myself of how lucky I am. We all need to do that sometimes so maybe this could help you too.
- I have a wonderful and supportive family who were there for me when I acquired Anosmia. You can learn more about that here
- My husband, ‘Ruck’, who is always there for me and has put up with a lot over the years. He’s my rock….god!
- My niece, I love her to bits, if I’m low her silly antics make me laugh, she can light up the room when she smiles and the things she comes out with are hilarious. She’s also clever, pretty. Yes I know, I could go on all day. That’s what being an auntie does for you!
- Our friends who are reliable, funny and daft like me….yes, I can be believe it or not!
- Our wonderful house, not a palace but cosy with a big back garden and beautiful views of fields and hills.
- My writing oh I love it! It drives me nuts, makes me scream and tear my hair out. Then the next minute makes me excited, happy, fulfilled, ambitious, proud. You see what I mean.
- Our crazy old cat ‘Doodie’ who sits on my husbands’ chest at about 3am in the morning and whacks him round the face until he gets up to feed him. (Which he always does as Doodie can wrap him round his little claw)!
- My singing, I used to do it for a living for a long time but now its fun we play at crazy party’s, great little festivals and well anything really. We are playing at my mum and dads 50th Wedding Anniversary at the end of March so are currently learning loads of 60’s and 70’s songs! We, meaning myself, and Ruck my talented guitarist husband. It’ll be fun and probably a bit emotional.
- Our little cottage in Kefalonia, one of the Greek Islands. Well I say cottage its more of a renovation project and we WILL start it when the cash flows! But its in the mountains, near beeches and we’ve made lots of lovely Greek friends, so that’s good enough for now. P.S. that’s the photograph of our view in the featured image.
- Wildlife and nature. You can tell how passionate I am about all of that. Just see how many posts covering it are on here!
So I’m still here, and I’m glad about that. Life can be so difficult that sometimes I’ve wanted to walk away, but the world is a beautiful place, I’ve achieved such a lot and am surrounded by so much love. There’s still a lot I want to do with my life so I plan on being here for a good while yet. You never know I might even get a book written one day! Lets change that to ‘will’, its a lot more positive!
What are you thankful for in your life? Please let me know in the comments.